Greene County Bancorp, Inc.
Greene County Bancorp, Inc., is a bank holding company and is the parent company of The Bank of Greene County and its subsidiary Greene County Commercial Bank. The Banks operate branches in upstate New York which provide full service banking services including retail, commercial, municipal, and investment management.
The Bank of Greene County was chartered in 1889 as the Building and Loan Association of Catskill, NY. In 1974, the Bank, then known as the Catskill Savings & Loan Association, changed its name to Greene County Savings Bank, and opened its first branch office in Coxsackie. As the bank continued to grow, branches were opened throughout the area, including Cairo (1988), Greenville (1997), Tannersville (2000), Westerlo (2001), Hudson (2005), Catskill Commons (2007), Greenport (2007), Chatham (2008), Ravena-Coeymans (2009), and the most recent location in Germantown (2010). The original Cairo and Coxsackie branches were replaced with larger, new offices in 2005 and 2006.
In 1999, with the introduction of a public stock offering and the founding of our parent company, Greene County Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ-GCBC), the Bank became known as The Bank of Greene County. At this time, it also purchased the current Administrative Center at 302 Main Street in Catskill. In 2004, the bank formed a wholly owned subsidiary, Greene County Commercial Bank, whose sole purpose is to serve the needs of local municipalities. In 2006, the bank purchased a lending and operations center located at 288 Main Street in Catskill. The Bank serves the Hudson Valley Region in New York State, and as part of its mission, The Bank tries to foster a sense of community through personal service, local decision-making, and participation with customers in community activities.
|Copyright © 1998,2014 The Bank of Greene County. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement|