The Bank of Greene County Charitable Foundation makes annual grants of up to $2,500 per fiscal year to support non-profit organizations in our local communities. We favor requests for specific funding purposes.
- Grant requests are welcome between December 1 and January 15 each year.
- The Foundation directors review all completed applications and make their grant decisions in March.
- Granted funds are generally dispersed starting in June.
Please review these limitations before submitting a grant application:
- An organization may submit only one application per fiscal year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Except in extraordinary circumstances, the Foundation does not support:
- Candidates for political office
- Religious purposes
- Seminars or conferences
- Activities that would directly benefit the Bank of Greene County or its affiliates financially
How to Apply for a Grant
To streamline the application process, please ensure your application package includes all of the following pieces:
- Cover letter on your organization’s letterhead, detailing:
- Amount requested
- Purpose of the grant
- Contact person’s name, address, email address and telephone number
- Tax ID or EIN
- The organization’s IRS determination letter of tax-exempt charitable status under section 501(c)3
- Brief written description of the organization’s:
- Financial summary
- A list of the organization’s current officers and directors
- A list of other groups and foundations currently supporting the organization and significant funding sources
Submit the completed application package to:
Bank of Greene County
Attn: Charitable Foundation
P.O. Box 470 (302 Main Street)
Catskill, NY 12414