The Bank of Greene County Charitable Foundation makes annual grants of up to $2,500 per fiscal year to support organizations in our local communities. We favor requests for funds to help groups:
- Acquire or expand facilities
- Purchase equipment
- Develop new and existing programs
- Grant requests are welcome between December 1 and January 15 each year.
- The Foundation directors review all completed applications and make their grant decisions by mid-April.
- Granted funds are generally dispersed starting in June.
Please review these limitations before submitting a grant application:
- An organization may submit only one application per fiscal year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Except in extraordinary circumstances, the Foundation does not support:
- Candidates for political office
- Religious organizations
- Activities for sectarian purposes
- Activities that would benefit The Bank of Greene County or its directors, officers, employees or affiliates; Green County Bancorp, Inc.; or MHC.
How to Apply for a Grant
To streamline the application process, please ensure your application package includes all of the following pieces:
- Cover letter on your organization’s letterhead, detailing:
- Amount requested
- Purpose of the grant
- Contact person’s name, address, email address and telephone number
- Brief written description of the organization’s:
- Forward outlook
- The organization’s operating budget for the current year and preceding year
- A list of the organization’s current officers and directors
- A list of other groups and foundations currently supporting the organization, with:
- Purpose of each contribution
- Amount received in each contribution
- A list of previous grants from The Bank of Greene County Charitable Foundation, including:
- Applications to the Foundation that were not granted
- If applicable, the organization’s IRS determination letter of tax-exempt charitable status under section 501(c)3
Submit the completed application package to:
The Bank of Greene County
P.O. Box 470 (302 Main Street)
Catskill, NY 12414